Floods and New Things

So, the floods in Brisbane over the past few week or so were pretty devastating but the community response was pretty amazing with so many volunteers helping each other out.  I took a few good photos but somehow it just seems disrespectful to say here look at these cool photos of other people's misery.  I might post a few of the lighter ones once they've been downloaded from my camera.  There's one of a cat crossing the road to check out the street flooding and another of a boat which ended up in the middle of a football field.  For now though, here's what I'm found this week:

-A great new (to me) blog from Angela Hardison.  Her photos are really lovely to look at, very white and clean and open.  After last year's stubble with my photography subject I am determined to spend more time working on composition and lighting and having fun so that when the next photography subject rolls around in term 2 of this I don't feel like I'm fighting the process.  Anyway, here is an example of her photos from her blog about a 50% raw food diet she is trying.



-A site called printeresting which is fairly self explanatory
-The Hungry  Workshop a letterpress printers (and blog) based in Brisbane (who thankfully survived the recent floods)
-And lastly,  looking at the upcoming events that DIA are hosting this year.  There are a few breakfasts and things on but honestly feeling a little nervous showing up by myself.  The downside of studying an online course in another state is that all my peers don't live anywhere nearby.  One of the points of these events is networking though so maybe I should just bite the bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...