Knitting

I am trying to incorporate more down-time into my weeknights and weekend in an effort to learn how to relax (instead of working continuously).  So, for the last 2 or 3 weeks, I've been knitting.  I haven't used any patterns, have just been trying out different stitches/stitch combinations.  I am having a lot of fun with circular needles, in various sizes, and have created 2 cowls and a necklace.  I chose knitting as a (hopefully) less stressful option to sewing (which seems to start out fun but quickly diminishes into unpicking and re-sewing over and over again). Even though I have unravelled and re-knitted many sections, I think it's still the less stressful option.

I'm not particularly happy with the blue one, my first effort, so think I will probably un-pick and re-do.  




The predominantly grey one I started four time, and each time had to unravel approx. 8-10 rows and start all over again in my effort to count to two.  I'm glad I did though, the combination of baby cable, cable and moss stitch has resulted in a really nice finish which is so soft (baby alpaca grey and wool/mohair light khaki).



My most recent effort is a woolen necklace.  I'm not convinced the smaller bronze/grey circle doesn't look tacky but I think with some more experimentation, the necklaces could work out quite well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...