What Should I Read Next?

I'm in the middle of a few too many non-fiction books with not enough motivation to finish them.  I thought interspersing them with some fiction might help, but what to read next?  Currently I am reading Entertain Us by Craig Shuften, How to be an Existentialist by Gary Cox, Eden's Outcast by John Matteson, and School of Life: Volume 1 by Alain de Botton.

I have come across this great site called What Should I Read Next, where you type in the titles of books you love and it makes recommendations for you. Some of the recommendations it has made for me are books that I already love, so I think I might give it a go and trust it for a recommendation.

However, a week or so ago was the 50th Anniversary of the first publication of Slyvia Plath's The Bell Jar.  It was originally published in London in 1963 under her pseudonym, Victoria Lucas, before being published 2 years later in United States after her mother tried to delay it's printing.  The Bell Jar is one of my favourite books and I think I might re-read it as a nice break from my non-fiction.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...